Server Software and Configuration Services
ConfigServer Outgoing Spam Monitor (osm) has been designed to use multiple methods to monitor outgoing email and SMTP connections for activity that could indicate a spammer is active on a server.
With the proliferation of web scripts in shared hosting environments that are often poorly maintained or badly written, the chances of a hacker exploiting vulnerabilities in scripts is at an all time high. Additionally, end-user PC’s and other devices that send email through a server (relay) that have been compromised and used as a spam source has always been a problem. These issues along with spammers deliberately targeting hosting providers by purchasing accounts simply to send out spam have kept the diligence required to prevent spam from being sent from servers all the more difficult.
osm is for any server owner using cPanel/DirectAdmin that is concerned about active or potential future attempts to send out spam email through the server. It targets all the methods available to keep track of outgoing email and SMTP connections. It is designed to be used entirely from the cPanel/DirectAdmin UI, which provides both configuration and viewing of reports generated by a daemon process running continuously on the server.
Who can use Outgoing Spam Monitor?
- Web hosting companies
- Small/medium businesses managing their own dedicated or virtual servers
- Server management companies wanting to offer value added services
- Anyone running a cPanel or DirectAdmin dedicated server or virtual server, who is concerned about the potential for spam to be sent from their server
Benefits of Outgoing Spam Monitor
- Provides an easy to use interface within the root or admin control panel.
- Licensed on a per server basis, no limit on users or accounts.
- One time purchase price, includes software updates for the life of the product. No monthly fees.
- One initial default installation per license is included in the price.
Other Technical Information and Limitations
osm is a commercial product that is sold and licensed on a per server basis. Unlike competing products, it is strictly a one-time per server license purchase with updates for the life of the product, all at a reasonable price! Initial default installation on a single server per license is included in the price. Please see the FAQ for more information about discounts and installation.
Bulk purchase discounts are available. Please see the osm FAQ.
A license for osm is included when you purchase our cPanel Service Package.